At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available across Europe and the US attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In June 2018, a private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and offices in Barcelona, Spain; Cologne, Germany; Helsinki, Finland; Lisbon, Portugal; London, UK; Örebro, Sweden; Redwood City, US; Sliema, Malta and Vitória, Brazil. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About the role
More than a team manager, our development manager is a team player! He can easily understand business and requirements to help the team to build a great product. He should be a hands-on manager with the necessary skills to discuss the solutions, evaluate code and jump in to help whenever necessary. He is able to balance between code quality and time to market and assure the team is following the company processes and best practices. Above all, he is a leader his team trusts and a recognized focal point for both other tech and product teams.
What you'll do:
- Run daily standup and planning meetings with the development team.
- Be the bridge between the product and development teams, aligning demands, expectations and timelines.
- Own the lifecycle for various development projects including research, development, design, evaluation, testing and delivery to product management, reporting the status to the Director of Engineering and other possible stakeholders.
- Do the management of software development technical teams, discussing the conception and development of new products as well as the maintenance and evolution of existing products, discussing team and project priorities and resource allocation.
- Participate in meetings with internal and external clients for requirements definitions.
- Assure that the team follows with the processes and procedures of the company’s software development unit.
- Support the team with their needs, removing impediments, helping with the understanding of functional specification, helping with the integration with other technical teams and assuring the team productivity.
- Help the company to continuously improve our development processes.
Who you are:
- Experience managing people, working with team development, hiring, feedbacks, performance reviews, meetings, documentation, planning and metrics.
- Knowledge working with Agile projects and methodologies
- Outstanding business analyst skills.
- Worked with CI tools.
- Previous experience with web systems design and development, so you can participate in technical meetings, understand, evaluate and provide feedback to make sure the tech solutions meet the functional requirements.
- Very good english communication skills: You should be able to organize and participate in frequent calls and meetings with native and other foreign English speakers where you should understand AND speak.
- Development of payment/financial systems or integrations.
- Experience with UX related projects.
- Scrum master role.
- Participated in international projects.