At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available across Europe and the US attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In June 2018, private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team of 350+ people with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and offices in Barcelona, Spain; Cologne, Germany; Helsinki, Finland; Lisbon, Portugal; London, UK; Örebro, Sweden; Redwood City, US; Sliema, Malta; and Vitória, Brazil. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About the Data team
Trustly is on a journey to become more data driven. Last year we laid the foundation by setting up a data infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform. The primary use case has since then been helping analysts and data scientists get access to relevant data for off-line analytics and feeding our BI tool.
Now we are ready to take the next step which means setting up a dedicated Data team to add more source systems, streaming data and implementing a framework to make it easy to feed ML models. We also see use cases for building a proper data hub where data can be exchanged between our various business support systems. To manage all this we need more excellent colleagues to the Data team!
What you´ll do:
- Build and operate Trustly’s data lake on Google Cloud Storage/BigQuery
- Develop and maintain batch and streaming data pipelines
- Work with transformations of data from one or multiple source systems to feed our analytics and ML applications
- Help data consumers within the company find the data they need and assist them with setting up pipelines and exports
- Help us identify new use-cases for our data and work with stakeholders from the rest of the organisation on how to realise those
Who you are, have experience within:
- MSc Software Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years experience from a Developer role (Data or Software Engineer)
- Knowledge and experience from several of these: Google Cloud, AWS, Airflow, Beam/Dataflow, Kafka, BigQuery
- Good coding skills in at least two of these languages: Java, Python, SQL
- Team player, good communicator, prestigeless, curious about the business and the “why” - you are primarily driven by bringing value to the organisation and see working with technology as a means to that end, not the other way around
- Prefer to discuss problems and solutions with your peers instead of banging your head against the wall for days trying to find a solution on your own