To further accelerate the profitable growth of the business, we are looking for a highly motivated and successful Head of Sales for our Financial Services Team with an overall responsibility for the UK. As Trustly’s Head of Sales Financial Services, you will alongside the Sales Director, overseeing activities of the Junior and Senior Sales managers in the UK Market and monitoring performance as a whole. The Head of Sales defines and communicates the individual KPIs and targets to sales personnel, analyses patterns in product and market behavior, and subsequently defines data-driven action strategies in order to consistently optimize the business’s commercial performance.
The Financial Services team at Trustly consists of 20 employees and serves our merchants within the financial service area. It is one of Trustly´s fastest growing verticals and a lot of investment is being made into the vertical.
The Head of Sales role requires commercial acumen and a deep understanding of the target merchant base, the competitive market, and an ability to analyze sales department performance. In addition to the Head of Sales role is an integral part of the business in that it also involves the management of external partners and collaborations with numerous internal departments, as well as having a personal commercial object relating to managing and supporting the sales team on with respects to Strategic and Large merchant opportunities.
The successful candidate will have experience of creating and managing sales processes, driving exceptional performance and developing strategic plans relating to marketing initiatives, product development requirements, as well as the execution.
What you’ll do:
- Manage your own focused pipeline of strategic accounts and deliver against a personal revenue target
- Tasked with implementing sales strategies that further the department’s agenda and drives enhanced revenue generation for the business and deliver an optimized market mix relative to the core target market and subverticals
- Along with the Financial Services Sales Director, create and implement sales action plans that incorporate key actions that work to set KPI’s for the business and deliver on those KPIs
- Utilise analytics tools and works with the analytics team in undertaking detailed analyses of sales performance for the purpose of reporting sales strategy successes, weaknesses, and opportunities to sales management
- Create and maintain internal sales activity planning, reports and CRM
- Continuously evaluate and propose improvements in current sales process and drive change
- Work closely with the internal partner team and external partners such as PSPs, Financial Services platforms and digital agencies to distribute our value proposition and drive sales activity
- Participate in and contribute to all relevant industry marketing activities, including conferences, external events and meetups
- To be successful in this role, you must be a true self-starter who is prepared to roll your sleeves up and get involved
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and 6-10 years of experience in payments/banking industry
- You’re able to travel regularly between Trustly’s offices, supporting the team in the territories they operate within
- Your track record of success in the Business Development/Sales area within the payments/ecommerce industry speaks for itself
- A strong leader with the ability to mentor and coach, allowing the ability to develop and grow the teams skillset and competencies
- A solution-driven problem solver with an innovative mindset
- Proven track record of success in the Business Development/Sales area within the payments/Financial Services industry and driving the sales performance with a consultative and value driven focus
- The Head of Sales must possess exceptional communication skills that are especially important in enabling effective communication between interactions with internal and external partners
- The performance of sales personnel will also be highly dependent on the clarity of communication of information and instructions from the Head of Sales, making these skills a must have for the position
- The suitable candidate will also have had experience evaluating product/market situations and analyzing raw data and information, transforming it into actionable sales strategies and approaches
- A candidate for this position needs to demonstrate exceptional leadership skills, portraying an ability to move and inspire a large group in a unified direction and vision