At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available across Europe and the US attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In June 2018, private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and offices in Barcelona, Spain; Cologne, Germany; Helsinki, Finland; Lisbon, Portugal; London, UK; Örebro, Sweden; Redwood City, US; Sliema, Malta; and Vitória, Brazil. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About Internal IT at Trustly
The internal IT team supports the entire company in their day to day functions. While working closely with the office team to build and maintain the technology parts of our offices the Internal IT team is also responsible for assisting in the day to day work associated with managing and processing IT distributed to the end user population and enabling all our employees to perform their work.
As Trustly is growing both in Stockholm and globally we are actively looking to increase support for all our offices and to expand the areas of responsibilities for the Internal IT team.
About the role
Trustly continuous its exciting growth journey and we are now looking for a Head of Internal IT. In this position you will lead the Internal IT team on a daily basis and have a key role of taking the internal IT function to the next level, by extending, building and defining the standards and offerings in our global offices.
With a holistic view without forgetting about the details and day to day business you will have a great impact on the coming transformation within Internal IT. Working with continuous improvement of team, tools and functions requires a self driven and curious personality which we believe you have.
- Recruitment and Staff liability
- Coaching your team members to professional growth
- Define and implement a roadmap and budget within Internal IT
- Interfacing with suppliers and taking decisions in terms of procurement and roll out of functions in offices (Including conference rooms, CCTV, printers, laptops, phones, public spaces etc.)
- Maintaining a team supporting end users and organization in our offices. Including day to day support, supporting office technology, maintaining documentation and self service systems for staff and guests, maintaining parts of our SaaS portfolio, on-/off-boarding of users, keeping up to date with security, keeping an asset inventory etc.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience within leadership and driving change within an IT organisation
- Strong inner drive and result oriented mindset with a high team focus
- Great passion and knowledge around technology (especially around office-level technology such as computers, audio/video, networking etc) and experience of building teams and supporting users
- Previous experience in working and building up systems with asset inventories, budgeting, software and hardware management etc.
- Knowledge and experience within several of these: G-Suite, Hangouts Meet and related hardware, Enterprise office networks and related hardware, Audio/Video solutions and hardware and Apple devices and management