At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available across Europe and the US attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In June 2018, private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and offices in Barcelona, Spain; Cologne, Germany; Helsinki, Finland; Lisbon, Portugal; London, UK; Örebro, Sweden; Redwood City, US; Sliema, Malta; and Vitória, Brazil. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About Finance at Trustly:
The Finance team today consists of some 40 full-time employees across the Accounting, Payroll, Tax, Business Controlling, Business Intelligence, Cash Management and Banking Relations teams. The majority of the team is located in Stockholm with team members also in Malta and Spain.
In short, the Finance department’s main responsibilities are to handle internal and external financial reporting, to keep track of all transactions and to support other parts of the organisation with financial data.
The Business Control team currently consists of 5 employees who spend the days fine tuning our budget and forecast processes, enhancing the tools we are using for budget and forecast and follow- up (Planacy and Qlik), setting up the Finance Governance structure within Trustly, including a roll-out of KPIs. By being curious and by challenging each other, we are building a strong team that can take care of any new tasks from the organisation, as Trustly keeps growing. We also strive to become more data driven and to continue educating the organisation on financials.
About the role:
To make sure that the steering and business partnering keeps up with the high pace of the Trustly Group, we are now looking for a skilled Finance Business Partner. As a Finance Business Partner at Trustly you will be responsible for consistent financial reporting that provides insights and supports the right business decisions and priorities. The Finance Business Partner contributes with the financial impact driven by business decisions. You will challenge and support in driving the business in line with the corporate and commercial strategy. You will take an active role and be the natural speaking partner for the organisation by providing data driven analyses and strengthening the basis on what the decisions are made.
You will be part of driving the financial budget and forecast process and ensure that it is aligned with company strategy. Furthermore, you will develop and secure reporting of relevant KPIs to ensure we are on the right track. In this role you will report to the Head of Business Control.
To be successful in this role, you need to enjoy a highly dynamic environment in which everyone contributes unique skills. Additionally, having a humble attitude is key to Trustly’s success and is essential to be part of our organisation.
What you will spend your time on:
- Explain and visualise financial implications of business decisions to non finance employees on different levels within the organisation
- Drive and ensure development of monthly KPIs and targets monitoring, as well as follow-up, explaining and ensuring action plans on KPIs not tracking according to targets
- Lead the forecast/budget process within the commercial team from a process perspective
- Challenge the business and forecast/budget and take an active role in proposing changes driving profitability (productivity, quality, volume and margins)
- Analyse monthly PL deviations compared to trend and budget/forecast and provide narratives to the management team and to the board
- Drive development and improvements of system support, ensure that the correct tools are used as well as ensure effective processes
- Be a trusted speaking partner on all levels of the organisation within the commercial team
Who we believe you are:
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ of similar experience
- You have solid experience in financial follow-up and financial planning and high level of business understanding
- You have excellent Excel- and analytical skills, and preferably experience from BI-tools (Qlik or similar)
- You are an excellent storyteller when it comes to explaining financial impact both orally, visually and written
- You are pragmatic and pedagogical with good cooperation skills and a high degree of curiosity
- You are fluent in English