At Trustly, we’re passionate about simplifying the way people pay and get paid online. We are a licensed payment institution and our B2B products available across Europe and the US attract global merchants in segments such as e-commerce, travel, financial services and gaming. In June 2018, private equity firm Nordic Capital acquired a majority stake in Trustly with ambitions to support us in becoming the leading global online banking payments provider.
We are a diverse and fast-growing team with our headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, and offices in Barcelona, Spain; Cologne, Germany; Helsinki, Finland; Lisbon, Portugal; London, UK; Örebro, Sweden; Redwood City, US; Sliema, Malta; and Vitória, Brazil. Together we are leading the development of the payments industry and the work you’ll do here will make a great impact.
About Product at Trustly:
The Product department drives the prioritization and development of Trustly’s products, ensuring they align with the company’s short-term and long-term goals. We collectively hatch innovative ideas, analyze market fit, and set the product vision and strategy.
The department is made up of about 60 people, divided into three main teams: Product Development, Product Management and Product Operations. We work closely with developers to enable new products or features within existing products, as well as various Commercial teams to roll out our products to the market. Just like the rest of Trustly, we're growing at a fast pace and we're keen to bring more people on board.
About the role:
In this role, you’ll be a cornerstone in the Consumer Risk team, in the midst of building a data driven risk system with automated decision making. To begin with, you’ll take the lead in making sure specifications and requirements are set by working closely with Product and Tech. You’ll develop and validate new predictive risk models, deploying them to production together with our developers.
As the second Data Scientist in the team, you’ll be handed a great opportunity to have a direct impact on how we’ll model risk going forward. Being one of the first of its kind comes with a lot of room for creativity, but also great responsibility.
What you'll do:
- Specify and put down requirements for a new risk system built internally
- Be a crucial part of the development of machine learning and statistical models
- Monitor the performance of predictive risk models, continuously retrain them, suggest new variables, define performance metrics
- Utilize the big data and machine learning toolchain on Google Cloud Platform
- Assist in growing the risk organisation - you’ll be the second data scientist in the team, but the company as a whole is growing, so will this team
Who you are:
- A university degree in a Scientific, Engineering or Mathematical field
- A few years of experience building statistical models to answer complex questions
- Good knowledge with Python and SQL
- Previous experience with Google Cloud Platform is a bonus
- A self-starter - As you’ll be one of the first people in the organization working with these methodologies, you’ll have a big influence on what tools and methods we should use and you need to help the team drive their implementation
Sounds like you? Apply now!