PayWithMyBank Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Last updated: 4/19/2018 – version 1.0.2
|Required Monthly Uptime Percentage||Calculation Formula (%)|
|The Transaction Services will be available 99.5% of the time during a given calendar month.||(total_number_minutes_in_that_month|
2. Definitions for this SLA
- API Error Rate: total number of API Requests made to the Transaction Services from Merchant’s systems resulting in a response with HTTP Status 500 during a given period, divided by total number of distinct API Requests made to the Transaction Services from Merchant’s systems during that period. API Requests without distinct parameters, e.g. repeated identical API requests, will not count towards the API Error Rate.
- API Requests: requests that conform to the Transaction Services documentation.
- Downtime: the Transaction Services are experiencing downtime when the API Error Rate is greater than five percent (5%) in a given period. Time is measured using the server-side timestamps of API Requests.
- Downtime Period: a period of ten (10) or more consecutive minutes of Downtime. Intermittent Downtime for a period of less than ten (10) minutes will not be counted towards any Downtime Periods. Periods of Scheduled Downtime are excluded from the definition as well.
- Monthly Uptime Percentage: total number of minutes in a given month, minus total number of minutes in all Downtime Periods in that month, divided by total number of minutes in that month.
- Scheduled Downtime: PayWithMyBank shall notify Merchant at least eight (8) hours in advance of all scheduled outages of the Transaction Services in whole or in part (“Scheduled Downtime”). All Scheduled Downtime will (a) last no longer than four (4) hours except as otherwise agreed to in writing by Merchant; or (b) be scheduled nightly from 12:00 a.m. to 4:00 a.m. Pacific Time. Approval of requests for Scheduled Downtime may not be unreasonably withheld.
3. SLA Exclusions
No period of Downtime will be included in calculating the Monthly Uptime Percentage to the extent that such Downtime is due to any of the following (“Exceptions”): (a) Merchant’s failure to implement all updates and upgrades provided by PayWithMyBank to Merchant; (b) any unauthorized alterations of or additions to the Transaction Services performed by parties other than PayWithMyBank; (c) use of the Transaction Services for a purpose other than the intended purpose of the Transaction Services; (d) failures of Merchant’s or Merchant End Users’ respective systems, services or products; (e) internet or other network traffic problems; (f) Scheduled Downtime; or (g) any actions, inactions, equipment, software or other technology of Merchant or any third party or that is caused by factors beyond the reasonable control of PayWithMyBank, including any Force Majeure. Neither party will be responsible for any failure to fulfill its obligations hereunder due to causes beyond its reasonable control, including without limitation, acts or omissions of court, government or military authority, acts of God, shortages of materials, transportation delays, internet malfunction, electrical power failure, telecommunications or utility failures, fires, floods, labor disturbances, riots or wars, hosting or similar services outages or denial of service, including a financial institution’s denial of service.
4. Service Error and Support Request Levels
PayWithMyBank will make best efforts to address support requests related to service errors within the following timeframes, with no commitments on resolution times.
|1 – Critical Service Error||Issue affecting entire system or single critical production function; system down or operating in materially degraded state declared system down, with Downtime Period > 10 minutes||Response time for Critical Service Error within 60 minutes of first Merchant call|
|2 – Medium Service Error||All other errors that do materially impact the user experience||Response time for Medium Service Error within 1 day of first Merchant call|
|3 – Low Service Error||All other errors that do not materially impact the user experience||Response time for Low Service Error within 5 days of first Merchant call|
5. Failure to Achieve SLA
If the Transaction Services fail to achieve the service level set forth herein, Merchant will be entitled, as its sole and exclusive remedy, to a service credit equal to the lesser of (i) 10% of any refundable fees prepaid for the applicable Transaction Services for the month in which the failure occurred, and (ii) $10,000.
6. Account Whitelisting
Merchant will whitelist up to ten (10) End User accounts for each use case deployment so that PayWithMyBank Quality Assurance will be able to conduct end-to-end testing of the Transaction Services consistently and with each release. The service level and accompanying remedies for failures set for herein are contingent on Merchant maintaining whitelisted status for these PayWithMyBank Quality Assurance-oriented accounts.